Monday, March 23, 2009

No Alpha, No Omega Interview w/ TomDom

I got the chance to interview Tomdom, the bassist from forfeit (basically my favorite band). I never realized how young he was and was completely surprised by his age. Anyways heres the interview.

So lets get down to brass tax. Who are you and what do you do?

I'm tomdom and I play bass In Forfeit from Syracuse, new York.

How did you get involved in hardcore and the music scene?

I met our drummer, Ben Shaw, in 7th grade in ecology and he was all decked out in gear and I went to go see what's up. From there he took me to my first show and we've been in bands ever since.

What are your biggest influences when writing and playing in Forfeit?

My biggest influences when writing in Forfeit is definitely Life Of Agony, Metallica, Pantera and Entombed. Honestly, One of the biggest influences besides music is anger and frustration. I usually lock myself in my room and write in my journal and pull out my guitar and just write.

What is your opinion on the direction of where hardcore is going presently?

I'm only 19 so I can't be one of those people who say hardcore is better or worse than it was ten years ago but I am very excited for hardcore. I like a lot of the current bands out now.

Where was the best show you have ever played? where did kids go off is what I'm really asking?

That is a tough question. One of the best shows definitely has to be either our record release show at the Westcott Community Center or the Have Heart show we played at the Westcott; there is a video of it on the Internet.

Where do you see the band going in the future?

Well We are almost done writing our first lp that will be released on Reaper Records in late Spring and have plans of touring from May until late August. From there I can only see us wanting to play more and touring more- hopefully touring the rest of the world.

Shoutouts to Patrick Kitzel and Reaper Records, Paulyedge, The Brotherhood, Forfeit Crew, Foundation, Unholy, Polar Bear Club, Trapped Under Ice, Outbreak and The Mongoloids

conducted by James Morgan: http://noalphanoomega.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. i wonder if tomdom ever gets annoyed with so many interviews asking all the same question

    ReplyDelete